Learning how to make gnocchi is not that difficult but you do need to keep things moving when making them which you will understand more when we go into the recipe. When you learn how to make homemade gnocchi you can go on to use any sauces you wish to go with them. Ok lets see what ingredients we need to make the gnocchi:
How to Make Gnocchi
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1kg potatoes
- 100g “00” flour/plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Ok The first thing we do to make our gnocchi is to boil your potatoes. To do this put into a large pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for about fifteen minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and immediately peel them ( yes you will probably burn your fingers so be careful) and then using a potato ricer squeeze the potatoes out.
- With all the potatoes done add in the flour, salt pepper and the yolk of the two eggs and mix together by hand creating a bug dough ball. Be careful not to overwork the dough just work it enough so it is all together in a ball.
- Not lightly dust a board and slice a bit off the big dough ball about an inch thick and begin to roll it out into a long sausage like you used to do with plasticine (play doh).
- Now slice this long roll into small 1 cm thick strips and repeat this process for all the remaining dough.
- If you would like to make fancy design with your gnocchi you can by rolling the back of a fork over it creating little lines in your gnocchi balls.
- To cook you simply place in salted boiling water and they will float to the surface when ready. Buon appetito!
Read more about this chef..